https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQACEhsLprM (Links to an external site.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHrUWOnfmM (Links to an external site.)
- What do you think are important cultural and social changes in the 1920s?
- What is your view of the flapper and 1920s morality?
- What is Margaret Sanger known for?
- How was Margaret Sanger’s work received by society at the time?
Margaret Sanger Argues, “The Case for Birth Control, 1917” Download Margaret Sanger Argues, “The Case for Birth Control, 1917”
- What are two main points that Sanger makes?
- What is your opinion of these views?
Women Write Margaret Sanger for Birth Control Advice 1924, 1930,1935,1936 (in above pdf)
3.Write about a scenario in one of these letters.
4. Were these women married or unmarried? Did they have children?
5.What is your opinion of these letters?
Emma Goldman, Traffic in Women Download Emma Goldman, Traffic in Women
6. What are two of Goldman’s main points?
Birth Control Review excerpt , 1917 The Birth Control Review excerpt.pdf Download The Birth Control Review excerpt.pdf (Margaret Sanger organization publication)
7. What are two main points from “Mothers First!”?
8. In reviewing this short excerpt what are two ideas that stand out?