Discussions: A great place to work doesn’t happen by chance. Leaders and employees must have the conscious intention of creating a workplace with positive energy. Leaders must establish workplace boundaries to deter the barriers that can damage a positive workplace culture. The individual employee also has a responsibility to engage in self-assessment, as well as identify ways to enhance one’s positive self-image.
Based on your readings this week (see Content – Week 5 – Reading and Resources), how can we improve communications with each other in a world that can sometimes be fraught with unreasonable work expectations and/or pressure due to the nature of our work? Be creative in your answer!
You may find appropriate articles at the end of each chapter, and/or identify articles through the APUS online Library. Finally, be sure that all discussions are answered in full, in order to ensure the best possible grade based on the work submitted.
Week 5 – Reading and Resources
- RELATION BETWEEN MANAGERS’ COMMUNICATION COMPETENCE AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT STYLES. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=102328310&site=ehost-live&scope=site )
- When Will Employees Embrace Managers’ Technological Innovations? The Mediating Effects of Employees’ Perceptions of Fairness on Their Willingness to Accept Change and its Legitimacy. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=96425009&site=ehost-live&scope=site )
- Inter-organizational coordination in the wild: Trust building and collaboration among field-level ICT workers in humanitarian relief organizations. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1272264013/ )
- The benefits of belongingness and interactional fairness to interpersonal citizenship behavior. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1634006687/ )
- A multilevel study of the relationship between organizational justice and affective commitment. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1655513949/ )
- HRM practices, impersonal trust and organizational innovativeness. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://www.proquest.com/scholarly-journals/hrm-practices-impersonal-trust-organizational/docview/2138084021/se-2?accountid=8289 )
- Mapping the main roads to fairness: Examining the managerial context of fairness promotion. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1813130240/ )
- Fairness at the organizational level: Examining the effect of organizational justice climate on collective turnover rates and organizational performance. ( http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.proquest.com/docview/1905074875/ )
- Bethany College: Dr. Carl Isaacson’s “Stages of Relationship Theory” (