conduct a study on workplace safety and compensation. Use the organization for which you currently or previously have worked as the basis of this study.Begin with a brief overview of the organization that includes the type of business, location and size of workforce.Next, you will explore compensation at your organization. You must discuss the following issues:
- Summarize the scope and authority of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- 70% of American companies are not in compliance with FLSA. Does your organization fully comply with FLSA? Explain why or why not.
- What impact do your state laws have on compensation at your organization?
Now, examine the core components of the American workers’ compensation safety net:
- Summarize workers’ compensation, unemployment benefits, workers’ compensation, Social Security, and retirement benefits policies at your organization.
- How well do you think your organization provides support, education, training, or resources in these areas?
Finally, summarize how Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations apply to your organization and then answer the following questions:
- Have there been any OSHA violations at your organization in the last five years? If you do not know, you can visit OSHA’s Establishment Search and enter your organization’s name, state, zip code, and requested dates to see any recorded inspections and violations.
- Do you believe either compliance or non-compliance with OSHA standards has impacted your organization’s bottom line (positively or negatively.) Consider aspects like lost time or revenue, compensation claims, personnel loss that can result from violations. Support your opinion with specific examples.
minimum of two pages. Use at least three distinct, academic sources—one for each topic (compensation, safety net, OSHA)